Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Vendors
MatrimonyBazaar is a division of Matrimony.com Limited ("MCL"). MatrimonyBazaar provides information and assistance to Vendor(s) in providing leads and visibility of MatrimonyBazaar customers for marriage related services. The condition for opting services of MatrimonyBazaar is mentioned herein below:
- Eligibility – Vendor(s) are engaged in the business of providing Marriage-related Services and have agreed to pay for being listed on the MatrimonyBazaar Portal, the Leads received therefrom and Commission on Closure of Deal with MatrimonyBazaar customers.
- Closure of Deal – It denotes that an advance has been paid by the customer to service provider Types of Business:- MCL offers Wallet model of business, which is Lead Plus Commission Plus Listing fee, Leads and Branding and Subscription model. All the Packages in respect of the above are available in the website www.matrimonybazaar.com and subject to changes from time to time without any notice.
- Package Value – The Vendor(s) shall pay Package Value in advance as may be mutually agreed with MCL. The Package Value shall be paid to MCL by the Vendor(s) before being listed on the MatrimonyBazaar site.
- Listing Fee & Activation Charges – Listing services in the website www.matrimonybazaar.com (“Website”) are provided by MatrimonyBazaar as a platform provider to the Vendor(s) . The specified listing fees shall be deducted from the Vendor's Package Value every month. The One Time Activation Charge as specified in the Order Form shall also be deducted from the Package Value on enrolment of the Vendor(s).
- Lead(s) – Lead(s) shall mean customer information shall be provided by MCL to the Vendor (s) by way of shared Leads. There is no exclusivity in providing Leads.
- Tenure – The Vendor(s) shall pay Package Value to list his business in MatrimonyBazaar Portal/Website for specific tenure called Tenure packages mentioned in the Order Form. Tenure packages are applicable only for specific set of categories. The Vendor details shall be listed under ‘premium slots’ which are available above the ‘free listings’ in the listing page of MatrimonyBazaar Website. Once the specified tenure is over, the premium listings shall be automatically moved to ‘free listings’ in MatrimonyBazaar Portal/Website.
- Commission – The Vendor(s) shall pay commission to MCL at the agreed rate as per Order Form on Closure of Deal by the Vendor. The amount of Commission shall be deducted from the Package Value. In case, the amount of Commission payable to MCL exceeds the Package Value balance, the balance Commission amount payable by the Vendor shall be paid to MCL within 3 (three) working days of such intimation being sent to Vendor(s).
- Taxes – GST at prescribed rates shall be payable on the Package Value provided to the Vendor(s).
- Invoicing – MCL shall raise an invoice for the Package Value plus GST as mentioned in the Order Form and Agreement Form.
- Virtual Numbers – MatrimonyBazaar may assign Vendors with certain virtual numbers and reserves the rights to display the same for contacting certain Vendors, which are called User Virtual Number ("UVN"). Vendor understands and authorizes MCL to contact those Customers and that the calls made to any of the virtual numbers may be recorded for training/quality purposes and other business purposes of MatrimonyBazaar. MatrimonyBazaar holds the right to contact people who dial the virtual number. The mode of contact by MatrimonyBazaar may be through SMS/call/e-mail irrespective of whether the Customer is on the National Do Not Call (NDNC) list or any other similar database.
- Package Utilization – The amount relating to activation charge, Listing Fees, fees for each Lead and the Commission payable on the Closure of Deal shall be deducted from the Package Value credited to the Vendor(s) until the entire Package Value is fully utilized. The fee for activation, leads, Listing fee and the Commission shall be charged at rates as mentioned in the Order Form.
- Monthly Report – MCL will provide the Vendor(s) with a monthly report of the leads shared and Closure of Deal during the month with the Vendor(s) through e-mail/App.
- Renewal – Once the Package Value has been fully utilized, the Vendor(s) can continue to receive Leads and information on customer orders by paying for a fresh Package Value, as may be mutually agreed between the parties.
- Refund – The payment made to MCL towards the Package Value shall be treated as non-refundable after 10 (Ten) working days from the date of Activation. Payments once made cannot be assigned to any person/Party/Company or adjusted towards any other services of MCL. The Package Value collected from the Vendor(s) will shall be utilized within 365 days from the date of clearance, if the Package Value is not utilized by the Vendor within 365 days, MatrimonyBazaar shall refund the balance Package Value to the corresponding Vendor(s) without any interest.
- Relation between parties – Each party shall be and act as an independent contractor and not as partner, joint venture or agent of the other.
- Responsibility – MCL cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for any specific results to the Vendor(s). It is up to the Vendor(s) to contact the customer and take it forward for Closure of deal.
- Due care – Vendor(s) are required to exercise due care and caution while interacting with the customer and satisfy themselves before they agree to provide services to the customer.
- Obligation – MCL has no obligation to monitor any such disputes arising between the Vendor(s) and the customer(s) and MCL shall not be party to any such dispute/litigation etc.
- Removal of Vendor – If MCL receives feedback/complaints against any of the services of the Vendor(s), then MCL shall have the right to remove the Vendor(s) from the Lead Shared list and shall not deal with such Vendor(s).
- Termination – For termination of this Agreement from either side, 30 (Thirty) days prior written notice, shall be provided to the other party.
- Modification of Terms – MCL has the right to change its terms and conditions without prior notice to the Vendor(s).
- Confidential Information – The term "Confidential Information" means all know-how, methods, financial, business, technical information, Customer information disclosed by or for a party, but not including any information the Vendor(s) can demonstrate is (a) was furnished to it without restriction by a third party, (b) generally available in public without breach of these terms or (c) independently developed by it without reliance on such information. Except for the specific rights granted by this Agreement, the Vendor(s) shall not possess access, use or disclose any of MCL Confidential Information without its prior written consent, and shall use reasonable care to protect the Confidential Information. Promptly after any termination of these terms Vendor(s) shall return the Confidential Information, records and materials to MCL.
- Limitation of Liability – In no event will MCL be liable to the Customer(s)/Vendor(s) in connection with these terms for a) any indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive, exemplary or special losses, whether arising in agreement, tort or otherwise; b) loss of data/programs, loss of profits or revenue, loss of anticipated savings or loss of goodwill, even if such losses or damages were reasonably foreseeable or where MCL has been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages.
- lntimation – The Vendor(s) shall give prior intimation to MCL if they are related to any Directors of MCL.
- lndemnity – The Vendor(s) shall indemnify and keep indemnified MCL against all loss, damages, and claims, actions that are initiated against MCL for any act or omission by Vendor(s) to (i) leads shared by MCL; (ii) for breach of confidentiality of these terms and Customer information; (iv) for breach of applicable law.
- Jurisdiction and Dispute Resolution – Any disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement, during its subsistence and after its termination in any manner whatsoever, including the validity of this Agreement shall be referred to arbitration of a sole arbitrator nominated by the MCL to the dispute in accordance with the provisions contained in the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 or any amendment made thereto. There shall be a single arbitrator, as decided by MCL. The seat of Arbitration shall be Chennai and the language of Arbitration shall be English. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties. The Courts at Chennai shall have the jurisdiction for any disputes under this Agreement.
- "Verified" Vendors provided in the Website are those Vendors in relation to whom information such as their Company/business name, address, contact details have been verified as existing at the time of on-boarding the Vendors with MCL. This verification is solely based on the documents supplied by the Vendor at the time of on-boarding.
- MCL has tied up with CRISIL for verification. Vendors are required to complete CRISIL certification within 90 (ninety) days and Vendor(s) are not entitled to refund / service adjustment etc., after 90 (ninety) days. CRISIL charges are non-refundable after completion of Verification.
- All rights, title and interest including trademarks and copyrights in respect of the Website and Platforms content hosted on the Platforms are reserved with MCL.
- In relation to personal, business or product related information, photographs provided by Vendors displayed/listed on MatrimonyBazaar website, MCL disclaims its responsibility and cannot be held liable for the integrity, accuracy and quality of such information.
- MCL acts as an Intermediary between the Vendor and Customers regarding MatrimonyBazaar services. The contract for the sale of goods or services will be between the Customers and the Vendor. Vendors shall be solely responsible for all customer service issues relating to its supply of goods or services.
- Disclaimer – MCL cannot be held liable for the reputation and quality of service provided by the Vendors and it is the responsibility of the Customers to satisfy themselves all aspects in relation to the service provided by the Vendors prior to availing of service.
Terms & Conditions for Customers
- Customers of MatrimonyBazaar shall take due care during their transaction with the Vendor(s) and are solely responsible for all aspects of the transactions in which they choose to participate with the Vendor(s).
- MatrimonyBazaar is not responsible for any non-performance of services or breach of any contract entered by and between any of the customer and Vendor(s). MatrimonyBazaar cannot and does not guarantee that the Vendor(s) shall perform any transaction concluded on this Platform.
- Customers hereby agree that MatrimonyBazaar shall not be required to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement that might arise between the parties out of these transactions.
- Customers shall be responsible for researching and complying with any applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale or exchange that may pertain to transactions in which they participate.
- It shall be confirmed, acknowledged and consented by the Customer that, all/any information provided by the Customer, including name, age, contact details and other details to MCL are accurate and can be used and forwarded to any of the Vendor(s). Customer(s) acknowledge that any such act, committed by MatrimonyBazaar shall not constitute a violation of privacy or other rights of the customer.
- Prices mentioned (if any) on the Website are subject to change. Customers are advised to check with Vendor(s) for the final price and additional charges applicable, if any. Customers do hereby agree to absolve MatrimonyBazaar from all/any dispute in relation to price of services.
Vendor Verification service is provided by CRISIL and MCL has tied up with CRISIL for verification of Vendor documents) and providing the “Verification report” and the grading with MCL providing the other aspects of the service to the Customer(s). By using the report and/or the grading provided as a part of the service, Customer(s) acknowledge and accept that:
- The report and grading comprise an independent professional opinion based on information made available to CRISIL and/or those obtained by CRISIL from sources it considers reliable;
- CRISIL makes no warranties as to the accuracy of any information on which the service is based. While each of CRISIL and MCL stakes reasonable care and skill in providing their respective items of the service, neither CRISIL nor MCL makes any warranties that the service is error or omission free or that that of “fitness for purpose”;
- The service is neither a rating of the person or entity concerned nor is it investment advice;
- The Customer acknowledges and takes full responsibility for the use of the service and any decisions made based on the service and that CRISIL, MCL and their respective directors, employees and representatives do not accept any liability (and each of them expressly excludes all liability) for any such decision or use. The service has a validity period which may in exceptional circumstances be terminated earlier. Customer(s) must refer to www.matrimonybazaar.com for current status of the service with respect to a specific person or entity that the service relates to.