Here’s a guide to pre-wedding preparations so that you can have a smooth and hassle-free wedding
South Indian Weddings are nothing short of fairy tales right from the Nichaya Tamulam or engagement ceremony to the bride’s father giving her away in marriage to the groom.
A typical South Indian Wedding is filled with sacred rituals and ceremonies, each with their own significance. Everything, right from finding the right venue for the wedding, to the dinner menu has to be planned well in advance so that your wedding can be termed perfect in every way. Here is everything that you need to know about the Pre-Wedding Preparations for a South Indian Wedding:
- Finalize the season and date for the wedding, according to the traditional calendar that you follow.
- Come up with an approximate budget for the wedding so that you can make arrangements accordingly.
- Choose the kind of wedding that you want to have. Flying away to a destination wedding or celebrating the event in your locality? It’s your call.
- Get an approximate headcount of guests so that you can pick the venue of the right capacity and also get an estimate on the catering for the wedding and other pre-wedding rituals.
- Hire a reliable wedding planner who can help you with all the preparations and arrangements.
- Design a wedding invitation with a personal touch.
- Pick your favourite honeymoon destination and finalize on the honeymoon package.
- Buy the right wedding jewellery for the wedding. Feel free to be picky and choosy when it comes to the ‘Mangalsutra’ and rings. It’s a special occasion, right?
- Get in touch with a photography and videography team to help you cover the wedding. They’re the ones that can capture every special moment, which otherwise stays a memory.
- Hire wedding caterers. Discuss and finalize the menu.
- Make a detailed list of itineraries with the dates and approximate timings so that you can plan further accordingly.
- Choose the theme for your wedding and make a checklist of the decor that you want to have.
- Get in touch with wedding decorators and discuss your requirements with them.
Contact your beautician to discuss the bridal hairstyle, makeup, & saree styles that you want to be draped in. Also, start working on the wedding look so that you can do what is required for the same in the given time period
Pick your favourite spot for the pre-wedding photoshoot.
Pick the stylish dresses for your pre-wedding photoshoot and finalize the makeup and look for the same.
Pick a good mehndi artist and discuss the mehndi design ideas with them.
Book hotels for guests from out of town.
Book a priest or pandit to preside over the wedding rituals.
Pick a return gift for the guests.
Get all your measurement sin with the wedding designer, etc..
Make an extensive list of the pooja items needed for the ceremonies.
Check the size of your outfits and make alterations if necessary.
Pack up your dresses and essentials for the wedding. Make sure you pack your makeup kit, first aid kit, and other essentials needed so that you don’t have to go for that last-minute shopping near the wedding venue.
An expert wedding planner can always help you so that you don’t miss anything before or during the wedding.
Finally, get married! Just let us know your requirements and we will get in touch with you. Hire the best wedding service providers easily with our help. MatrimonyBazaar is a one-stop wedding planning services marketplace, that helps you plan a wedding without hassles. We help with all kinds of wedding-related services like Wedding Decorations, Vehicle Rentals, etc..
Matrimony Bazaar would love to be the one helping you plan out your lovely wedding. If you'd like to talk to us or have additional queries you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at +91 812 422 2266.